lunes, 15 de octubre de 2012

Familiar Faces

Yesterday I met up with a family friend from home father Dani, he's a young preist from the N. of Spain who used to be a preist at our parish back home. I recently found out he has a huge role and deals with all the publicity for the Vatican, the Jesuits in Africa, and is constantly travelling the world on business so I feel lucky he could spare a couple hours for me. I went to mass at his church which was on the opposite side of the city from me and I got ridiculously ost of course, but I ended up only being 5 mins late. After mass he took me out with one of his childhood friends to a local bar for a beer and tapas. It was so much fun to be able to hangout with them because A) they're both hilarious guys and really friendly as well but B) Dani wouldn't speak a word of english to me or let me speak english to it was awesome to be fully and immersed and even better to realize my spanish is all coming back to me and I didn't have one problem understanding or speaking even though they were speaking really fast. After 2 months of being here I no longer feel like a tourist and feel more and more immersed into the Spanish culture. The crazy thing is while I'm just starting to get good and feel at home I'm more than halfway through with my time here and it feels even shorter since I'll be gone 5 out of the last 7 weekends. But I'm doing whatever possible to not think about that. Anyways I'm hoping the next 10 days fly by so I can go to Ireland already and thats all I got for now, hasta luego!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario