lunes, 1 de octubre de 2012

I'm back, recap of the last 2 weeks

 Its been a couple weeks since my last post due to a combination of being busy and laziness so theres a lot thats gone on in those last couple weeks. The soccer match the other week between Real Madrid and Machester City was incredible, literally couldn't of asked for a better ending. We had amazing seats 12 rows back from the field in the corner by the Machester goal in the second half (the spot where all the goals were scored). Man City starting the scoring in the 2nd half and it went back and forth until it was 2-1 City with less than 10 mins left they scored to tie it and then Ronaldo scored the game winner in the 90th minute and ran over to our corner for our celebration. the atmosphere is the stadium was like nothing else i've ever seen and the streets after the game were overflowing with the 80,000 people who were at the game and other people who had been in the bars around the stadium. It was an amazing experience that I will definitely remember for the rest of my life. After the game at this Irish bar me and my friend Wes ran into a Man City fan who we started to talking to and he invited us to go hangout with him and his friends and so we made friends with some English guys and we talked and they told us jokes for a good three hours. I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life, when we were saying our goodbyes we had told them how we were going to London and they told us it wasn't worth it and if we decided to come to Manchester instead they'd bring us to a game and show us around and now we're going to Manchester as well! After the game and hanging out with the English blokes it was a great and unforgettable night.
 Fall is finally here in Spain and its been a lot chillier than I would have expected, we've had weather in the low 60's for the last week or so which has been great because the 80's and sunny everyday was starting to get a little old and sleeping without AC is brutal. Fall in Spain isn't quite the same though the leaves aren't changing yet and frankly there aren't all that many trees to change anyways. Its great to have sweatshirt weather though and although this is no New England fall, fall is my favorite season so it'll do.
 Last weekend we had a ton of rain which is great for the ground but there was some pretty major flooding in the south of the country kind of like in southern VT last fall. The wind we got was crazy though it made it a little difficult to walk sometimes which provided some great entertainment when out and about. The other big news here has been the rioting thats been going on over tax hike and austerity measures the government is imposing. Luckily I haven't been close to any of them but they've turned pretty violent and hundreds of SWAT policeman end up swarming the massive crowds of thousands of people. I've only seen it on TV and online but I've never seen more people in one place at the same time, and they actually formed a ring around the parliament to barricade policymakers inside. Things are definitely heating up here with the economic situation in Europe only getting worse, but its neat to be here to witness history in the making first hand.
 Since I've been here I've been noticing a lot of things here that seem strange to me compared to back home, since theres so many I'm going to break them up and do a couple each day for the next week or so. So look forward to tomorrow to hear about how the Spanish love PDA and will go as far as you can with clothes on in all public areas with no shame. Until then I have to actually study, go figure right.
Hasta manana

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario