martes, 2 de octubre de 2012

PDA in Spain

 So before I get into the hilarious details of how shameless Spaniards are about PDA I gotta talk about how hilarious class was today when my whole classes showed up for our midterm without studying except for like 4 of us and literally tried begging and guilting the professor into moving the test to next week... it was a joke. One kid thought he was tough and decided to get up and hand in a blank test a minute after they were handed out cause he's wicked cool and everything. Then you actually open the test and it wasn't bad at all... rookies.
 Anyways now that thats out of the system on to uncomfortable awkward PDA here. So ever since I got here I've noticed Spaniards thoroughly enjoy PDA. It doesn't matter where it is subway, park, cafe, street, escalator, crosswalk, you name a place they PDA all over it like its their job. Best part about it is its not just like holding hands and giggling or sneaking a kiss in when no ones looking, no they don't mess around this is like full of clothed intimacy; they go big or they don't do it at all.
 I have to take the metro, which I still call the T, to school everyday and I gotta say I'm starting to contemplate walking instead. At least 4 times just on the subway ride there I am confront by a couple age 14-43 ravenously making out on the platform next to me. Then on the train there the couple sitting down or standing in the corning eating each others faces off, then when I switch theres another couple dry humping on the escalator down, and finally one more on the platform before I finally get to school.
 If you haven't tried it yet I recommend you find a couple attempting to procreate with clothes on and stand right next to them, most uncomfortable thing you'll ever do but after that you can say you've been to Spain because when people ask you how it was you can tell them about the PDA and they'll think you're a local. Doesn't get anymore awkward than that, strangest thing is its an accepted practice... go figure.
 After that lecture on PDA we're gonna discuss dogs, dogs pooping on the sidewalk, and sidewalk etiquette in Spain... or lack there of. I know you won't sleep tonight in excitement for my blog tomorrow, so drink a lot of coffee tomorrow. Buenas noches

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario